Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Letter #42 07/02/2013

Family and Friends!

It's cambios week! We found out about cambios last night, and Hermana Hansen (my oro) is going to Treinta y Tres, which is about 400 kilometers north of us. I'm sad to see her go, but I know she'll do great things there. She just finished the 12 week training program and she's going to go finish training one of the hermanas whose trainer is finishing her mission. That's the only change in our house of four. I'm pretty excited for the new hermana to come. Hermana Peña is from Colombia (woohoo!) and she was in the MTC with me. I've always wanted to be able to work closer with her and  now I get to!

I'm finding new energy this week as I got an opportunity to talk to my trainer again, Hermana Vargas. The begining of our companionship when I first got into the field was pretty rough. I have learned so much from her example and over time she has become one of my favorite people in the world. I didn't appreciate her as much as I should have when we were companions and I judged her very harshly at first. Now I want to become the kind of missionary that she is. The hermanas that I'm with are great but it's been really emotionally draining for me. Now I think I'm getting back on track as I'v recommitted to being 100% devoted to and absorbed in the work. There's no other way to do it.

Love you forever,
Hermana Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment