Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Letter # 37 05/27/2013

Dear Friends and Family,

It's been yet another interesting week. I got sick again. This time it was food poisoning, I'm fairly certain. I was completely wiped out and unable to work on Sunday after lunch, but I think it's resolved. Our ward mission leader and one of the other brethren from the ward came over and gave me a priesthood blessing and I immediately began to improve.
My poor companion-- she's been so patient with me and this crazy week. As I explained, Hermana Spradlin is brand new from the MTC in Argentina, but she's going to the other mission in Uruguay. She studied Spanish for 8 years before the mission so she speaks as well as, if not better than, I do. So in the MTC she was in an advanced group that was only there for 4 weeks. The other mission won't have their transfer day until the 6th of June, but there was no reason to leave her in the MTC when she was ready to be in the field. So, the arrangements were made and since my other trainee had to go home for knee surgery Hermana Spradlin is with me for a few weeks and then she'll be going to her mission. I can't imagine having such a crazy beginning to my mission. I thought my first 12 weeks were rough, but they really were nothing compared to what some of these new missionaries are having to go through. There are SO many changes happening in missions all over the world.
Speaking of other missions, can someone send me Sarah's address? I'd really like to be able to write to her. Also if she's sending out mass emails like I am I'd like to be one of the recipients!
Also-- I finally received the package you sent me! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I don't know what I'm going to do with so many sticky notes but I will definitely find a use for them! Thank you for the chocolate, for the cards, the PENS (!), and for sending my flag! The goldfish got a little bit damp from the humidity here and traveling for a month but still edible and worth it! The Symphony bar tastes just like Christmas and home. I don't know why, but chocolate tastes so different here. I love you so much!
Here at the threshold of my 9 months and having a lot of time to think while being so sick lately, I have been reevaluating a lot of things and making new resolutions. One of my resolutions is to start enjoying the moment. I've been stuck on autopilot lately because change is always hard for me emotionally, and I haven't really been enjoying the miracles that I am living and witnessing every day. I am praying to find more joy in the journey, as President Uchtdorf is always talking about. Life is meant to be enjoyed.
I love you so much!!!
Love you forever,
Hermana Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment