Monday, December 24, 2012

Letter # 15 12/24/12

Dear Family,
My Christmas card will be sent soon, sorry it's so late. I wish I could send you a Navidad Uruguayo. I wish I could send you the sound of the bells of the cathedral, the smell of thousands of jasmine bushes, and the sound of firecrackers at 3am. I love Uruguay! I love Florida!

We'll be spending Christmas with the family of our Branch President and his wife. They're wonderful and I'm looking forward to the New Year as well. Things have been crazy here lately-- We've been asked so often when the world is going to end and whether or not aliens are going to come. The 21st passed and we're still here. On the 19th we met an old man in the street and invited him to come to church. He said no, because the world was going to end before then. We said, "If you're still around on the 23rd, will you come to church?" He laughed and said sure, but we haven't seen him since! ;)

Most important: I will be skyping home tomorrow at 10 am. I have no idea how to use skype, and I'm sure neither does mom, so we need to work as  a team to make this work. If not I'll have to call. I love you and wish you all the best.

Always,
Hermana Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment