Monday, February 11, 2013

Letter # 22 02/11/13

Dear Family,
I have five minutes to tell you all about my week. Everything is closed for Carnival and so the senior missionaries are letting us use their computer today. I love working with them. When we get back I'll have to invite them to my homecomming so you can meet them.
I had never seen Carnival before, nor known what it was. From all appearances it seems to be a giant party in the street with really loud drums, lots of colors, and lots of dancing. The drums and the colors I loved; the dancers I could have done without. Carnival in Uruguay is not the biggest in the world (nothing in Uruguay is the biggest in the world), but it is the longest. It lasts for all of February.
I love you! Thanks for all the emails this week.
Love you forever,
Hermana Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment