Monday, March 25, 2013

Letter # 28 03/25/13

Querida Familia y Amigos,
There's not much to report this week. We've had a few interesting experiences, though. The other day we were knocking on some doors and approached a couple of older ladies on their front porch. When they saw us they quickly looked away as if they hadn't seen. We came up and introduced ourselves as missionaries, and the younger of the two interrupted with the usual "I know who you are and I don't want to listen." The older of the two, however, seemed to have decided that we didn't exist. She turned away and started staring intently at a nearby tree. She was looking so fixedly at this tree that I assumed she must be seeing something I wasn't. "Looking at something?" I asked. "No." Replied the younger. "We're waiting for someone." After a confused pause, we invited them to church and said goodbye.

I finally saw the nuns! There is a catholic church in our area, which we have passed many times but I'd never seen the nuns that live there. Everyone gets confused between us and we have to explain, so I wanted to see if there was any similarity (you never know). Well, a few of them passed by a house where we were having a lesson and I saw them go by. They were riding bicycles and wearing habits and white robes like in bible movies. We look nothing like them! Plus they have bikes! How anyone gets us confused is beyond me!

In other news, we might be moving again. We are looking for an apartment in our area.

Sarah! Good luck on the mission! Send me your address in the MTC!

Love you forever,
Hermana Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment