Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Letter # 30 04/09/13

Querida Familia y Amigos,

Summer is turning into autumn here. The nights and mornings are really cold. For personal study in the morning I wrap up in my robe and my fleece blanket. Mid-day is still really hot though.

I was concerned to hear about Dad. Can someone give me an update on how he's doing?

Last night we found out about transfers! I'll be leaving Ferroviario, Florida, for La Paz B, which is either in or near the main city of Montevideo (not really sure about the geography here.) I will also be training! Woohoo! I'm pretty excited. I report at the mission home bright and early tomorrow morning to meet my oro! We call our new missionaries oros, which means "golden". I like it a lot better than greenie! Training is such a sacred responsibility. I'm so grateful for my trainer, Hermana Vargas; if I can do half as much for this new hermana as my trainer did for me, I'll be satisfied. She taught me so many valuable lessons: if you want to be a good missionary, you can't waste time focusing on yourself. Just focus on helping your companion be the best missionary she can possibly be. I'm excited for this transfer, but also a little nervous. I think we will also be opening a new area-- whitewash! I was really stressed last night when I found out, even though I knew something like this was going to happen, but I woke up this morning with a lot of peace. Everything will work out if we are obedient-- and fortunately I will be trying to help mold good habits and not working to break bad ones.

Les amo con todo mi corazòn!
Siempre,
Hermana Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment