Monday, April 22, 2013

Letter #32 04/22/13

Mis Quieridas Amigos y Familiares,

¡Cuanto les amo! I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing well, that you are happy and that God takes care of you all. I knew He was, but it's so good to hear it from you!
PDay has already gone by so fast and we have about a million things to do. So we finally have gas in our stove, and a washer! We had an interesting experience last night. While we were trying to take a few moments to relax after a hectic week, Hermana Hansen and I decided to put a load in our shiny new washer to FINALLY have some clean clothes. While they were in the machine we watched a 20 minute church movie (the conversion of John Tanner, excellent) the sink where the water drains decided to clog. Water spilled all over the floor, where the extension cord and plugs were O.o. We seriously have guardian angels all around us. Nothing was damaged and no one was hurt.
My companion is fantastic! It's interesting because our personalities are almost completely opposite, but we have a lot of the same interests. Lots of things to talk about, and different points of view. She is super dedicated and has had a lot of experiences in her life that have helped her grow closer to the Lord.
We have had the opportunity to meet quite a few people who (we think) are prepared to hear the gospel. We don't want to jynx it, so that's all I can say, but I CAN say that the Lord works in some mysterious ways. We're still trying to figure out how we found one of our investigators. We thought we were contacting a referral from a ward member-- but apparently it's a different woman with the exact same name and with the exact same description of where she lives and is friends with someone with the exact same name as our ward member. Weird. So we're teaching her and also still looking for the original referral.
I love you all! I LOVE THE MISSION! I am so grateful the Lord called me to be a missionary in this crazy place. Even though I will probably never live up to this calling the way I sometimes want or the way some people tell me I should, I know that the Lord loves me and I only try to live worthy of being an instrument in His hands.

All my love,
Hermana Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment